Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why social media brings value

I am working on a research project, and I wonder why social media brings valve to non-profit organizations? Who do they follow? Do they follow other volunteer tweeters..So many questions?

I am working on a project for a non-profit organization. The organization was not really interested in being on twitter. Or facebook for that matter. After a few meeting with the communication manager, I finally convinced her that twitter was a good choice for their company. I actually went live, and then went and showed them what they were missing out on.

Now I am starting to manage their account and I am coming up against these questions. I am studying abroad and I have to work on getting 150 hours of volunteer hours for my degree, and working on this twitter account is how I am going to accomplish my hours.

I really enjoy working with social media but I have many questions and with all the information on the internet it can be overwhelming doing the research.

If anyone has any comments please post them as I am open to all feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment